Wade's mountain nursery

Wade will be five months old this week, and I'm just getting around to posting pictures of his nursery...

We decided on mountains (a nod to our internship year in western North Carolina) and found lots of inspiration on Pinterest, including this fabric.

Four days old and wide awake! 
I made the blanket with fabric I ordered from Spoonflower, with gray minky on the back, and the mountain pillow with a template I designed and fabric from Joann's. 


This room is at the front of the house and gets lots of wonderful light in the mornings. 



My friend Colleen made the cross stitch pieces, with quotes from Dr. Seuss' "Oh, the Places You'll Go." The crib is from Walmart, the crib sheet is from Etsy (I wasn't quite brave enough to try making one myself!), the curtains are from Bed, Bath, & Beyond. and the garland is made with felt balls leftover from the mobile. 



The bed was my dad's, bookshelves are from IKEA with the crossbars painted to match the dresser. The duvet cover and sham are from PB Teen, and I made the accent pillow with fabric from Joann's. 



The dresser was Daniel's from childhood. We bought new knobs for the center row of drawers and metallic spray paint for the other drawer pulls at Lowe's. Daniel's dad painted the dresser with "Blue Bayberry" from Olympic. 



I used watercolors to paint "The mountains are calling and I must go," a quote from John Muir (frame from Target). The mountain ornament is from my friend Sandy. The "W" is from Joann Fabrics, painted in "Ginger Beer" from Olympic. I hung it up as I was working on the rest of the nursery, but had to take it down and hide it when my parents came before Wade was born - his name was a surprise and we didn't want to spoil it! 



Vintage-style national park posters from AllPosters.com, frames from Michael's, arrow changing pad cover from Amazon.


The chair and cart are from IKEA, ottoman from Target - the color is almost a perfect match to the dresser. The rug is from Crate and Barrel. The awesome quilt was made by a church member, and has made a fun background for Wade's monthly photos!



I love how the mobile turned out, and Wade loves it, too! I used felt balls from Etsy, and the mountain at the center is felt stuffed with polyfill.


I had so much fun decorating this mountain nursery, and especially enjoyed the time I spent painting, sewing, and crafting as I patiently waited for this little one to be born! I love that the mountain theme is one that will grow with him.

Comments